Studies at Novia UAS
Studies at Novia UAS is possible in many forms. If you want to study for an entire degree you can enroll in one of our degree programmes conducted in English.
Studies at Novia UAS are also possible through the Open UAS, which is for people who are interested in taking certain courses from our English curricula. If you are already a student at Novia UAS or at another Finnish UAS and wish to take a few courses from other UASs' in Finland.
FINLAND IN A NUTSHELL
- Population: 5.5 million, 18.2 inhabitants per km²
- Life expectancy: Men 79 years, women 84 years
- Area: 338,462 km², the fifth-largest country in Western Europe
- Capital: Helsinki (1.5 million inhabitants in metropolitan area)
- Climate: Great contrasts – cold winters and fairly warm summers (2019 extremes: coldest day in Utsjoki -39.1 C, warmest day in Porvoo +33.7 C)
- Currency: Euro. GDP (Gross Domestic Product) per capita: 42,936 euros (2020)
- Key features: High standard of education, social security and healthcare, all financed by the state
- International cooperation: Member of United Nations since 1955 and European Union since 1995
- Cost of living: Monthly living expenses for students (food, rent, transportation, insurance etc.) are around 700-1000 euros, depending on where you live and your personal living habits