All applicants must submit a pre-task consisting of:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A Motivation Letter (a short one-page-long letter that explains why you're the perfect candidate for this degree programme by using examples of your interests, qualifications and commitment to further education and personal development in the area of the curriculum)
The pre-task must be submitted no later than 26 January 2022 at 3 pm local time in Finland in the online application system. Pre-tasks submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
The pre-task is evaluated on a scale 0-40 points. This according to how well the applicants’ CV relates to the curriculum and general requirements in structural engineering and how well the applicants’ motivation letter relates to:
- personal motivation to take an active part in, and complete the degree program
- having a realistic perception of her possibilities to manage the studies from a knowledge point of view
- the applicant’s knowledge in relation to the competences stated in the curricula
A minimum of 20 point is needed to be approved in the per-task. The pre-task must be approved in order for the applicant to be invited to the entrance examination (online group interview).
The entrance examination will be held in the form of an online group interview March, 8-10th 2022. The exact time of the online group interview will be included in the invitation. Only eligible applicants with an approved pre-task will be invited to the entrance examination.
If you do not participate in the online group interview, you cannot be admitted. The pre-task and the online group interview can give you a maximum of 100 points in total. Both the pre-task and the online group interview must be passed in order to be considered for admission according to the following:
- Pre-task: Maximum points are 40, minimum points required for an approved result is 20.
- Online group interview: Maximum points 60, minimum points required for an approved result is 20.
Assessment criteria for the online group interview are:
- Interest in and dedication to the subject
- Personal contribution to the study group
- Social skills in groups and online situations
- Skills in English
In cases of equal admission scores, applicants applicants will be automatically ranked by lots drawn by a computer system.