The Student Services helps you with various study-related matters. If you are enrolled as a student at Novia UAS, you will primarily find information about various study-related matters on the intranet (requires login). If you have not yet activated your ICT user account, you can do so via the Novia Self Service Portal.
If you do not have Finnish bank codes or a Finnish mobile certificate, you can contact the Student Services for further instructions.
If you do not find the information you are looking for on the intranet or need advice on your matter, you can contact the Student Services via e-mail: email@example.com
On this page you will find information concerning former students at Novia UAS. Via the quicklinks, you will find information about reinstated right to study, price list for copies of degree certificates and other documents, as well as information about Theseus' restricted collection.
If you have questions about these matters or anything else that concerns studies, you can contact the Student Services.
If you have lost your right to study at Novia UAS, you can apply for reinstatement of right to study in order to complete your degree. This concerns degree studies only, not studies at the open UAS or similar.
Reasons for loss of right to study can for example be that:
- you have not registered as attending or absent within the stipulated time,
- you have not applied for extended duration of studies while your right to study was still in force,
- you were not granted extended duration of studies although you applied for it.
If necessary, you can apply for reinstatement of right to study and extended duration of studies with the same application.
When can I apply for reinstatement?
You can apply for reinstatement any time during the year but please notice that the right of study can usually be reinstated from the beginning of the following term. This means that if you lose your right to study in September and apply to have it reinstated, you can usually regain your right to study from the beginning of January (beginning of the following term). If you lose your right to study in January and apply to have it reinstated, you can usually regain your right to study from the beginning of August (beginning of the following term). Also, applications are not processed during summer.
I have lost my right to study in beginning/middle of my studies
If you have lost your right to study at Novia UAS in the beginning of your studies, or at a point when it is still possible for you to complete the remaining studies and graduate within the time remaining of your right to study, you can apply for reinstatement of your right to study.
I have lost my right to study in the end of my studies
- If you have lost your right to study at Novia UAS in the end of your studies, you can apply for reinstatement of your right to study if it is still possible for you to complete the remaining studies and graduate within the time remaining of your right to study or within the extension of study right granted. You can apply for reinstatement of right to study and extended duration of studies on the same application if necessary.
- If you have lost you right to study at Novia UAS intentionally or by mistake at a stage when it is no longer possible to graduate within the time remaining of your right to study nor within a possible extension, is it recommended that you complete the remaining studies at the Open UAS at Novia UAS. During this time you do not have right to complete a degree at Novia UAS (non-degree student). Once you have completed the remaining studies at the Open UAS, or the remaining studies can be completed within a maximum of one academic year, you can apply for reinstatement of your right to study for a maximum of one academic year to complete the degree studies and graduate.
The application for reinstatement of right to study is subject to a fee. A handling fee of 50 euros must be paid before your application is processed. You can pay the handling fee via Paytrail.
The personal data may be temporarily transferred outside the EU/EEA due to the tool used (Microsoft Forms). If you do not want to use this tool for the application for reinstated right to study, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your application is sent to Student Services which prepares the case and verifies that you have paid the handling fee. The decision to reinstate the right to study is made by the President on the basis of proposal by the Head of Student Services. In some cases, a statement by the Head of Degree Programme/Head of Curriculum is requested. You will receive a copy of the decision to the e-mail address you provide in your application (alternatively by post if you state it in your application).
Novia can, if necessary, issue certified copies of missing certificates (degree certificates and their attachments) to replace the original documents and other documents relating to the studies.
Note! you can also review and share information about your studies through the My Studyinfo service.
|Degree Certificate as a whole, Novia 2008-2020 (incl. attachments Swedish/English)||50 €|
|Degree Certificate (Swedish/English), Novia 2008-2020 (excl. attachments Swedish/English)||30 €|
|Attachment to Degree Certificate/Transcript of Records, Novia 2008-2020||10 €|
|Diploma Supplement, Novia 2008-2020||10 €|
|Transcript of Records / Study Certificate (after completed degree/termination of studies), Novia 2008-||10 € (*)|
|GPA (grade point average) certificate||30 €|
(*) A certified Transcript of Records is sent free of charge to all students whose right to study has recently ended. Fees are charged, however, for transcripts of records that are requested later after graduation or termination of studies.
|Degree Certificates from Sydväst (which are not archived in electronic form)||
|Older Degree Certificates (before Sydväst, which are not archived in electronic form)||150 €|
|Degree Certificates from Swedish Polytechnic/Svenska Yrkeshögskolan (SYH) are handled by SÖFUK. Fee according to their pricelist.|
|Curricula, Novia 2008-||15 €/curriculum|
|Separate course descriptions and realization plans, Novia 2008-||10 €/course|
|Older curricula (which are not archived in electronic form)||
30 €/degree programme
|Separate course descriptions (which are not archived in electronic form)||20 €/course|
A handling fee is always added when ordering copies of degree certificates, transcript of records, extracts from the study register, curricula, course descriptions and verification of degree.
|Handling fee (incl. Behandlingsavgift (incl. posting as registered letter within Finland)||15 €|
Certified copies of degree certificates and attachments are issued in both Swedish and English – or only in Swedish – in accordance with the language(s) of the original documents. The translation is not done afterwards. The price is the same regardless of language. Documents containing personal data are sent as registered letters if they are not collected.
- The price includes certified documents/copies, VAT 0%.
- The delivery time is about three weeks.
- If the documents/copies are collected, a request/agreement should be made in advance and proof of identity presented in connection with the collection. When the documents/copies are collected by an agent, a power of attorney should be presented.
- If the documents/copies are delivered to a party other than the customer, a power of attorney should be submitted as well as information on the billing address.
- The documents/copies are not delivered by e-mail or fax for security reasons.
Legislation regarding fees for the disclosure of documents: Act on the Openness of Government Activities (495/2005), § 34.
Price List for Degree Verification
|Verification of degree and qualifications in Health Care, for services in other countries||350 €|
|Verification of degree (completion of forms is required)||50 €|
Quality system verification in connection with degree verification (copies of quality documents
|If copies of curricula and/or separate course descriptions are required, the fee is according to the number of curricula and course descriptions above.|
|Third parties such as employers, University Admissions and insurance companies can request information and obtain documents free of charge (provided no forms are to be filled out).|
|Copying and certification of degree certificates||1 €/page|
|"Certificate of Equivalence" and "Certificate of Equivalence to a certain extent" which are needed to be able to take the HT examination (the certificate is only given to graduates)||100 €|
From September 2022, students can choose to publish their degree thesis in Theseus' open or restricted collection. If you, as a former student at Novia, have published your degree thesis in the open collection, you can ask to have your thesis moved to the restricted collection by contacting the Student Services (email@example.com).