Working at a part-time job in the evenings and/or weekends is possible while studying full-time at Novia UAS, but keep in mind that it might be difficult to keep up with your studies if you are using all of your free-time to work.

The TE Services (Employment Services, providing public employment and business services in Finland) can assist you when you are looking for a job. Applicants who speak Finnish and/or Swedish in addition to English will often have an easier time finding a job. We do not recommend that you rely on finding a part-time job to finance your studies.



If you are living in Finland based on a student residence permit the amount of work you can do alongside your studies is limited. You do not need a separate working permit. Students are permitted to do part-time work up to 30 hours/week. The residence permit for studies enables you to work without restrictions if your work is related to your degree.


Tax Card

In Finland, you must pay taxes on all income. The collected taxes are used to fund public services such as education and health care. In order to pay taxes you need a tax card from the Finnish Tax Administration Office. To obtain a tax card you need a valid ID card (such as your passport) and a personal identity code. If you do not submit a tax card your employer will automatically deduct 60 percent of your salary.

Where to find a job?