The year of admission decides what scholarship scheme applies for you. You can find more information about the scholarships in the sections below.
Novia UAS reserves the right to evaluate and make changes to the scholarship criteria and scholarship scheme on an annual basis.
Scholarships for fee-paying students
Early bird scholarship for the first study year for students admitted in 2024
Fee-paying students who are admitted to our English degree programmes are entitled to an early bird scholarship for the first study year, given that they accept the study place within two weeks from receiving their notice of admission. The early bird scholarship is 3000 euro and the scholarship is deducted from the first academic year’s tuition fee.
Criteria for the Early bird scholarship:
- Confirm the study place within two weeks from the notice of admission.
- The first year’s early bird tuition fee must be paid within one month from receiving the notice of admission.
- The deducted early bird tuition fee must be paid in one installment for the whole academic year. It is not possible to pay for the fall and spring semester separately.
Admitted students who are offered the early bird scholarship for the first academic year will receive information about the payment process in the acceptance email.
The early bird scholarship is not offered to students that are admitted as a degree student in the Transfer application.
The early bird tuition fee is only offered once per degree programme. If an applicant, who has been offered the early bird tuition fee in a previous application, re-applies to the same degree programme, they will not be entitled to the early bird tuition fee.
Scholarship for tuition fee-paying students admitted in 2024
Tuition fee-paying students can apply for a scholarship based on a certificate proving language proficiency in Swedish and/or Finnish as well as the number of credit points registered in the study register.
The amount of the scholarship is 3000 euros.
The scholarship application is open four times during each academic year:
- 1 - 15 September
- 1 - 15 December
- 1 - 15 March
- 1 - 15 June
Scholarship, Bachelor level studies
As a Bachelor level student, you can apply for a scholarship three times during your studies:
- when you have been registered as attending and paid the tuition fee for 3 semesters and at least 55 credit points are completed and registered in the study register
- when you have been registered as attending and paid the tuition fee for 5 semesters and at least 110 credit points are completed and registered in the study register
- when you have been registered as attending and paid the tuition fee for 7 semesters and at least 165 credit points are completed and registered in the study register
This means that you as a Bachelor level student may be granted a scholarship at maximum of three times during your studies and only once per academic year.
Scholarship, Master level studies
As a Master level student, you can apply for a scholarship once during your studies:
- when you have been registered as attending and paid the tuition fee for 3 semesters and at least 30 credit points are completed and registered in the study register
Criteria for scholarship application
To be eligible to apply you should have a right to study at Novia UAS and be registered as attending.
You cannot apply for a scholarship if your right to study has ended.
The required number of credit points registered in the study register must be completed during ongoing studies at Novia UAS. Credit points gained via credit transfer are considered only if they are completed during ongoing studies at Novia UAS
You must also provide a language proficiency certificate called "YKI test" (National Certificates of Language Proficiency test) issued by the Finnish National Agency for Education.
The YKI language proficiency certificate should be uploaded to each application.
Language proficiency certificate
You can choose the level of the YKI language test yourself (basic, intermediate or advanced) You can also choose whether to take the language test in Swedish or Finnish.
Please note that as an Bachelor student you must provide a language test certificate at a higher level than one previously attached to an application, each time you apply for a scholarship.
You are free to mix the language test between Swedish and Finnish as long as you can prove a progression. Example: submitting a basic language test in Swedish in the first scholarship application, an intermediate language test in Swedish with your second application and finally a language test on basic level in Finnish with your third and last application.
Please note: Novia UAS will not provide the language tests. You are responsible for preparing and participating in the YKI tests, as well as for eventual costs of the language tests.
Read more about the YKI language test here.
Only applications that meet the above mentioned criteria and are submitted within deadline for application will be considered.
If you have any questions about the scholarships, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship for tuition fee-paying students admitted in 2023 or earlier
Tuition fee-paying students registered at Novia UAS can apply for a scholarship in the end of each academic year . Fee-paying students who have graduated within the academic year in question can also apply for the scholarship. For the academic year 2023-24, the scholarship corresponds to 50% of the tuition fee paid for the ongoing academic year.
The scholarship is granted retroactively after each academic year and based on the number of credit points completed at Novia UAS.
The scholarship can be granted only for semesters the student has been registered attending.
The application period is between 1-15 May.
Criteria for Scholarship
- The studies should be completed successfully according to the study plan and curriculum and proceed at a normal pace.
- The credit must be completed during studies at Novia UAS and registered in the study register. Only registered credit points are taken into consideration, no other factors will affect the scholarship. Credit points gained via credit transfer are considered only if they are completed during ongoing studies at Novia UAS.
- Apply between 1 - 15 May
- Wait for the decision from the scholarship committee.
- Scholarships are usually granted/paid before 1 September which is the deadline for the next tuition fee payment.
All students that have applied for the scholarship within the application period and fulfill the above mentioned criteria will be granted scholarship.
Scholarship for Ukrainian students and students under temporary protection
Following the war in Ukraine, Novia UAS is offering a 100 % scholarship for Ukrainian degree students and degree students that have been granted temporary protection for the academic years 2022-23, 2023-24 and 2024-25. To be granted the scholarship, the student must submit proof of his or her Ukrainian citizenship or a residence permit card/decision on temporary protection. For more information about the scholarship requirements, please contact the Admissions Services.
If you are not entitled to student financial aid, or scholarships intended for tuition fee paying students at Novia, there might be other scholarships available. Here are some possibilities www.scholarshipportal.com/