Natural Resource Management
All applicants must submit a pre-task (research plan for Master’s thesis) no later than 30 January 2019. Pre-tasks submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Applicants who have not submitted a pre-task will not be considered. The pre-task must be approved in order for the applicant to be invited to the entrance examination. The pre-task is evaluated on a pass or fail basis.
The thesis work in this master’s degree programme (30 credits) is to be realized as a research and development project related to working life. As a pre-task you should write a preliminary research plan (approximately 4-5 A4 pages) for your thesis work with the following included:
- a preliminary title
- a description of the topic of your chosen research and development project
- background and description of why the topic is important
- a description of how your chosen topic is connected to working life
The pre-task should be uploaded in the online application form at Studyinfo.fi
All eligible applicants with approved pre-tasks will be invited to the entrance examination. The entrance examination will be held on 3 April 2019 on site in Raseborg, Finland, alternately virtually upon request to the head of degree programme.
The entrance examination will include:
- a written test and
- a English language test as included in the entrance examination which is mandatory for all applicants. Your language skills will be tested on a pass/fail basis.
- If you do not participate in the entrance examination you cannot be admitted. The entrance examination can give you a maximum of 100 points. You must obtain at least 20/100 points in the entrance examination to be admitted.
The pdf-versions of the pre-reading materials Circular economy report in Europe – Developing the knowledge base and The Finnish bioeconomy strategy for the entrance examination in Natural Resource Management can be downloaded at novia.fi (the link to the material are: http://www.eea.europa.eu/publications/circular-economy-in-europe and http://www.bioeconomy.fi/facts-and-contacts/finnish-bioeconomy-strategy/.