Leadership and Service Design
All applicants must fill in an electronic application form by the end of the application period (no later than 3 April 2019), and submit pre-tasks no later than 10 April 2019 at 3 pm Finnish time. Pre-tasks submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
a) Service Design task (50 points)
- Analyse an existing service, describe it and visualize it as a customer journey. Analyse and discuss as well, how the service could be improved and mark your improvement suggestions on the customer journey.
- Extent 2-3 pages.
- Source material: Stickdorn, M., Hormess, M.E. & Lawrence, A. 2018. This Is Service Design Doing: Applying Service Design Thinking in the Real World. O’Reilly Media. USA, or corresponding literature.
b) Leadership task (50 points)
- Based on your work experience and CV, analyse different leadership cultures and your leadership and interaction skills. Discuss how you could develop yourself as a leader.
- Extent 2-3 pages, and CV as attachment.
- Source material: Adair, J. 2016. Develop your Leadership Skills, (3rd Ed), London: Kogan Page Limited, or corresponding literature.
Assessment: 0-100 points.
- Fluent written English
- Depth of the analysis
- Versatility of the development plans
Upload the pre-tasks as pdf-files in the online application form in Studyinfo