Campus AboaMare Åbo
Welcome to study Maritime Management at Novia University of Applied Sciences, at Juhana herttuan puistokatu 21 in Turku.
Study Start Spring 2018
Master's Degree Programme:
Study Start Autumn 2018
Bachelor's Degree Programme:
- Martime Management, Captain
Master's Degree Programme:
- Maritime Management (part-time)
Bring Your Own Device, BYOD
Campus Aboa Mare at Novia University of Applied Sciences is constantly working to improve and modernize the education and educational profile. Since computers have become a common part of our everyday work, all students, who begin their studies should have their own laptops for their studies Bring Your Own Device praxis. The campus will continue to have computer rooms, especially for the parts of the study work that require heavier software and special equipment.
The equipment should be suitable for the following
- taking notes
- writing with word processing programmes and use of presentation software
- use of ebooks and other interactive material
- connect to the school’s wireless network
- use of both video and online-material
- participate in collaborative writing
- distribution of electronic documents with teachers and students
- when necessary, use of specific software if required by the course
- we recommend laptops
- for normal usage, 13-14 inch screen. For graphic work, we recommend a 15 inch screen or larger.
- we also recommend that you acquire a computer with enough capacity for the planned schoolwork (the amount of memory and processing capacity as well as type and size of the hard drive.)
- we recommend acquiring a computer that has good quality and that can run for a few hours between charges .
- the recommended operative system is Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS X has limited support.
- Linux and other operative systems are not supported
OFFICE 365 PROPLUS
Office 365 ProPlus service gives students and staff the opportunity to download the Office suite for free and install it on their own private computer at home. You can install Office to 5 computers (PC or Mac) and 5 mobile devices (tablets and smart phones).
The following programs are included in the Microsoft Office package: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Skype for Business, InfoPath, OneDrive for business
The student association for Novia’s Maritime Management, Captain students at Juhana herttuan puistokatu 21 (Hertig Johans parkgata 21) in Turku is called ENÅ. To find out more about ENÅ, follow the links below:
Information about Turku
Novia UAS does not offer student accommodation. Students are expected to arrange their own living before their arrival in Finland/or place of study. Apply for student living as soon as possible after receiving your decision on student admission to ensure that you have a place to stay. The Student Village Foundation of Turku rents apartments for students in Turku.
Student affairs offices are located at every campus. The Student Affairs Office at Campus Åbo, Hertig Johans parkgata 21 - Juhana herttuan puistokatu 21 in Turku can assist you with student services once you have confirmed your study place, please find further information here.
Student Affairs Officer
During vacation, you can reach one of our student affairs officers at this e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org