Campus Åbo, Henrikinkatu 7 in Turku
LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE DESIGN
We would like to welcome you to your studies at Novia University of Applied Sciences and the education Leadership and Service Design!
The studies will commence on the 1 September 2017 at 10 o’clock at Novia’s Campus in Turku, Henrikinkatu 7, in room 204 (2nd floor). The programme for the day will be organised together with Turku University of Applied Sciences.
The first days of your studies include orientation to the studies, the way of studying, the study environments and different practicalities, meeting fellow students and staff etc.
You will find the preliminary schedule for the first academic year 2017 – 2018 here. Please note that during the fall semester 2017 we are going to have contact studies every second weekend, Friday and Saturday. During the spring semester 2018 there will be contact studies once a month. Please, familiarize yourself wirh the Curriculum.
If you are admitted to Leadership and Service Design you will be registered to complete a degree closest to your own educational background, for example if you applied with Bachelor of Hospitality Management you will obtain the corresponding Master’s degree in Hospitality Management upon graduation. Notice that you cannot select the degree, the degree which you can and are eligible to complete is determined by your educational background automatically.
Student Affairs office
Student affairs offices are located at every campus. The Student Affairs Office at Campus Åbo in Turku can assist you with student services once you have confirmed your study place, please find further information here.
The campus door (from the courtyard) is open from Monday to Friday from 7.30 am to 16 pm.
More information about obtaining a campus key for the building will be given later.
Bring Your Own Device, BYOD praxis
The Åbo campus at Novia University of Applied Sciences is constantly working to improve and modernize the education and educational profile. Since computers have become a common part of our everyday work, all students, who begin their studies onwards, should have their own laptops for their studies. The unit will continue to have computer rooms, especially for the parts of the study work that require heavier software and special equipment.
The equipment should be suitable for the following
- taking notes
- writing with word processing programmes and use of presentation software
- use of ebooks and other interactive material
- connect to the school’s wireless network
- use of both video and online-material
- participate in collaborative writing
- distribution of electronic documents with teachers and students
- when necessary, use of specific software if required by the course
- we recommend laptops
- for normal usage, 13-14 inch screen. For graphic work, we recommend a 15 inch screen or larger.
- we also recommend that you acquire a computer with enough capacity for the planned schoolwork (the amount of memory and processing capacity as well as type and size of the hard drive.)
- we recommend acquiring a computer that has good quality and that can run for a few hours between charges .
- the recommended operative system is Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS X has limited support.
- Linux and other operative systems are not supported
OFFICE 365 PROPLUS
Office 365 ProPlus service gives students and staff the opportunity to download the Office suite for free and install it on their own private computer at home. You can install Office to 5 computers (PC or Mac) and 5 mobile devices (tablets and smart phones).
The following programs are included in the Microsoft Office package: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Skype for Business, InfoPath, OneDrive for business
Information on Turku
Novia UAS does not offer student accommodation. Students are expected to arrange their own living before their arrival in Finland/or place of study. Apply for student living as soon as possible after receiving your decision on student admission to ensure that you have a place to stay. The Student Village Foundation of Turku rents apartments for students in Turku.
Head of Degree Programme
Phone +358 44 762 3220
Elina is on vacation 19.6.2017 - 13.8.2017.
Even during vacation, you can reach one of our student affairs officers at this e-mail email@example.com