Diet for a Green Planet – International course
Become a change leader for sustainable food!
Join our on-line course Diet for a green planet - Managing transformation in the local food system.
- 15 ECTS part-time, online course in English
- Starts 20 May 2021 - 6 May 2022
- Application opens February 2021
- In cooperation with BERAS International, and hosted by Novia University of Applied Sciences
- Understanding Sustainability in the Food System - from Global Vision to Local Reality. (May until September 2021)
- Interventions to support Healthy and Sustainable Food and to minimize Waste (September until December 2021)
- Project Development - Managing Transformation in the Local Food System. (January until April 2022)
Target groups of the course programme – who should attend?
The course is planned so that persons who hold a job or are otherwise occupied on a daily basis can attend. Each credit equals a working load of 10-12 hours for the students and the course runs for a year. Are you working in the food system or are you interested in sustainability issues or transformative leadership? This is a course for you! You might be active in some of the following sectors;
- Professionals working in the food system – from farm to fork
- Primary producers
- Sustainability developers, planners
- Processing – artesan food producers
- Public food, tender
- Catering, restaurants
Aims of the programme
“..understanding of the food system from farm to fork and how the food system is connected to climate change mitigation, eutrophication, biodiversity, human health, and rural development.”
“..to empower individuals who are active in the food system to become change agents through a holistic understanding of the food system.”
“..to develop skills in leadership and interventions for enhanced sustainability that can be applied in professional work in production, public food, tender, catering and restaurants.”