Bachelor degree studies
A Bachelor's degree requires between 210 and 270 credits or 3.5 to 4.5 years of study. Four of the five Bachelor degree programmes in English are offered as full-time studies. One Bachelor degree programme was offered as part-time studies. One credit requires 27 hours of work. The workload for full-time studies is 1600 hours or 60 credits per academic year.
Studies for a Bachelor's degree include:
- Basic and Professional Studies
- Elective Studies
- Practical Training Periods or Work Placements
- A Bachelor's thesis or a Final Project
Master degree studies
A Master's degree requires 60 or 90 credits (equivalent to 1-2 years of study). All three Master degree programmes in English are offered as part-time studies. One credit requires 27 hours of work.
Studies for a Master's degree include:
- Advanced Professional Studies
- Elective Studies
- Degree thesis
Novia UAS offers five Bachelor degree programmes taught exclusively in English, they are:
- Energy Technology- Bachelor of Engineering, 240 credits, full-time studies (4 years) No admission 2016.
- Maritime Management - Bachelor of Marine Technology, 270 credits, full-time studies (4.5 years)
- Maritime Technology - Bachelor of Engineering, 270 credits, part-time studies (4.5 years) No admission 2016.
- Nursing - Bachelor of Health Care, 210 credits, full-time studies (3.5 years)
- Sustainable Coastal Management - Bachelor of Natural Resources, 240 credits, full-time studies (2 years)
Notice! Eligibility criteria: 120 ECTS of previous university level studies in a related field.
Novia UAS offers three Master's degree programmes in English, they are:
- Leadership and Service Design - Master of Culture and Arts/Master of Business Administration/Master of Hospitality Management, 60 or 90 credits, part-time studies
- Natural Resource Management - Master of Natural Resources, 60 credits, part-time studies
- Entrepreneurship in Arts - Master of Culture and Arts, 60 credits, part-time studies (no admission 2016)