You are welcome to study according to the qualification requirements of Novia University of Applied Sciences, without being registered in a degree programme and regardless of your basic education.
Open studies are suitable for you if:
- You are planning to apply to a university of applied sciences in the future
- You want to make good use of your break year between schools or after army
- You want to develop competences useful for your career development
- You are planning to change occupation
What can I study?
Open studies are offered within all degree programmes at Novia. The courses included in our degree programmes are mainly run daytime, and many coursesrequire some contact hours, i.e.compulsory attendance.
You participate in the English degree programmes as an additional student. Please, find more information from the programmes of your interest. You will also find the curricula for some of the programmes and the contact person for each programme.
The programmes offering education in English are:
Bachelor of Marine Technology, Turku
- Health Care
Master of Business Administration/Master of Culture and Arts/Master of Hosiptality Management, Turku
Some courses are carried out in cooperation with CLL (Centre for Lifelong Learning at Åbo Akademi University and Novia University of Applied Sciences). You will find the courses offered by CLL and further information here.
Fees for open studies are 15 euro per credit up to the amount of five credits. You can complete a number of credits during a semester with a single payment of 75 euro.
How do I register?
Before you register for a degree programme, please note, there might be courses with pre-requisites. As a main rule you are able to register all year round. However, it is good to keep in mind that the academic year in Finland starts in August, which means that most of the basic studies are offered in the Autumn semester. The academic year runs for two semesters and ends in late May.
You will find a contactperson for each programme. There is also a student counsellor who can help you with your studyplan: Vaasa, Wolffskavägen /teknik: Petra Autio, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 44 780 5506, Vaasa, Sarjakatu/Social-and heallth: Silvia Ekman, email@example.com, +358 50 566 2676, Raseborg: Nina Hillo, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 44 762 3603
The Application form for integrated Open UAS: http://www.cllnovia.fi/open-uas-application-form//
Before you apply, please contact the coordinator for the Open UAS or the contact person for the programme you are interested in or the study counsellor mentioned above.
Important things to know
- Studies at the Open UAS do not lead to a degree. To get a degree, you have to apply and become a regular degree student.
- As an Open UAS student you will study as an integrated student in a group of degree students.
- You register for a semester. If you intend to study a second semester you have to apply and make a new payment.
- Payments are not refunded if you choose to end your studies.
- If you are in need of a visa or residence permit to stay in Finland you should be aware of that Open Studies will not entitle a foreign citizen to get an entry visa or residence permit. For further information, please visit the website of the Finnish Immigration Service, www.migri.fi
- The Admissions Services handles all applications for degree studies at Novia UAS. You find more info about the regular intake from this site.
- If you have completed 60 credits via Open UAS you are eligible to apply to become a regular student. Please note, the separate application is not organised every term.
Find more info from: https://www.novia.fi/degree-students/open-uas/from-open-uas-to-novia-with-60-credits
- If you are looking for studies in summertime you are welcome to visit summersemester.fi
Welcome to the Open University of Applied Sciences at Novia!