Applying for a Transfer
Transfer student application to Novia UAS
A transfer student is a student who’s right to study is transferred either
- from a university in Finland to another or,
- within the university of applied sciences so that the qualification title changes
General admission criteria
- the applicant must have a right to study in a degree programme in a Finnish higher education institution
- the applicant has been registered as attending for at least one academic year
- has enought study time left to complete a degree during the remaining study time
- that the completed studies are suitable for the degree the applicant is applying to
- the applicant must have advanced purposefully in their previous studies
- if necessary, the applicant may be required to take a language or aptitude test
The receiving institution assesses whether there are vacant places of study and / or sufficient access to internships.
If the number of applicants exceeds the number of vacant study places, the applicants are ranked based on:
1. Entrance examination and aptitude tests if arranged
2. Unweighted average of the grades on the Transcript of Records
3. The number of credits earned
When accepting a study place through a transfer student application, the previous study place is automatically cancelled. The duration of study for the new degree will not be extended, and the time used for the previous studies will be subtracted from the new duration of study.
Transfer students must submit an electronic application through www.studyinfo.fi during one of the following application periods:
1-15 May, 3:00 pm (for studies beginning in the autumn) and
1-15 November, 3:00 pm (for studies beginning in the spring)
(The programs participating in the application will be published on studyinfo.fi before the application begins).
As attachments to the application, please send
- a Certificate of Studies
- a Transcript of Records and if applicable
- a record of any completed credits earned but not registered (credits not yet included in the study register at the time of application, as well as ongoing courses can be clarified in separate attachment)
The application attachments can be mailed to Novia UAS, Admissions Services, PB 6, FI-65201 Vaasa, or sent as scanned copies to firstname.lastname@example.org. The attachments should be submitted no later than the last day of application, which is 15 May at 3 pm for studies beginning in the autumn and 15 November at 3 pm for studies beginning in the spring.
After the application
Admission: The results will be published no later than
30 June (for studies beginning in the autumn) and
15 December (for studies beginning in the spring).
Accept your study place in Studyinfo.fi:
Latest 31 July (for studies beginning in the autumn) or
31 December (for studies beginning in the spring).
When a transfer student confirms his/her acceptance of the new study place, he/she loses the right to study at the sending institution. The new right to study begins 1.8 or 1.1.
If the offered study place is not accepted, within the given time, it will be cancelled automatically.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact email@example.com.