Applying for a Transfer
Transfer student application to Novia UAS
A transfer student is a student who’s right to study is transferred either
- from a university in Finland to another or,
- within the university of applied sciences so that the qualification title changes
General admission criteria
- the applicant must have a right to study in a degree programme in a Finnish higher education institution
- the applicant has been registered as attending for at least one academic year
- the applicant must have advanced purposefully in their previous studies
- completed credits that have not yet been included in the study register and ongoing courses can be clarified in a separate appendix
- if necessary, the applicant may be required to take a language test
The receiving institution assesses whether there are vacant places of study and / or sufficient access to internships.
If the number of applicants exceeds the number of vacant study places, the applicants are ranked based on:
1. Unweighted average of the grades on the Transcript of Records
2. The number of credits earned
When accepting a study place through a transfer student application, the previous study place is automatically cancelled. The duration of study for the new degree will not be extended, and the time used for the previous studies will be subtracted from the new duration of study.
Transfer students must submit an electronic application through www.studyinfo.fi during one of the following application periods:
1-15 May, 3:00 pm (for studies beginning in the autumn) and
1-15 November, 3:00 pm (for studies beginning in the spring)
As attachments to the application, please send a Certificate of Studies, a Transcript of Records and if applicable, a record of any completed credits earned but not registered. The application attachments can be mailed to Novia UAS, Admissions Services, PB 6, FI-65201 Vaasa, or sent as scanned copies to email@example.com. The attachments should be submitted no later than the last day of application, which is 15 May at 3 pm for studies beginning in the autumn.
After the application
Admission: The results will be published no later than 30 June (for studies beginning in the autumn) and 15 December (for studies beginning in the spring).
Accept your study place: Latest 31 July (for studies beginning in the autumn) or 31 December (for studies beginning in the spring).
When a transfer student confirms his/her acceptance of the new study place, he/she loses the right to study at the sending institution. Admission is conditional until the student, by the given date, has shown a Certificate of Studies confirming that the student has terminated their studies at the sending institution.
If the offered study place is not accepted, within the given time, it will be cancelled automatically.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.