Automation and Maritime Simulation
The Maritime Unit of Novia, and its research activities, specialise in simulation, which includes the development of simulation, virtual training methods, and practices that support learning practical skills. In research and development, we evolve new areas of application in ship simulation, which benefits both maritime safety and efficiency.
- Development of education, skills and competence, or learning materials (see WinMOS project)
- Testing, research, and product development in a simulated environment
- Marine safety development and research projects
- Development of new technologies in the maritime sector
- Testing of new sea lanes using a simulator
- Testing of harbour docks
- Assessment of Ship Commanding
- Testing and development of navigation equipment
More about us here (currently only available in Swedish).