The Faculty of Technology and Seafaring at Novia University of Applied Sciences is looking for a
From 17.8.2020 or according to agreement
Novia University of Applied Sciences is the largest Swedish-speaking UAS in Finland. At our maritime campus Aboa Mare, we are specialized in Maritime Simulation (www.aboamare.fi). Our new Simulator Roadmap 2020-2030 has a strong focus on the future of digitalization and automation. The simulators are the asset we are shaping to serve the future needs in the maritime cluster.
As Software Architect at Aboa Mare your responsibilities include leading the technological development of our maritime simulators, according to the Simulator Roadmap 2020-2030, and to develop the simulator architecture as well as the assembly of external components connected to the simulator. We also expect you to provide support to researchers and cooperation partners in various R & D projects, participate in simulator data-analytics development and in demonstrating the proceedings within the simulator development.
This position will give you an excellent opportunity to be in the fore front of maritime technological development as well as its implementation to use on a practical level. Aboa Mare employees highlight great team spirit and forward-going atmosphere as the advantages for working at Aboa Mare.
Required and desired skills
- Bachelor´s or higher degree in relevant field
- Experience in system administration and agile environments
- Comprehensive and broad knowledge in building software
- Experience in design of software and network architectures
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and collaboratively with other members of the team
- Highly proactive and enterprising personality
- Interest in new technologies and ongoing research
- Strategic and problem-solving mindset
- Proactive drive to carry out projects
- Good oral and written skills in English
Following skills and experiences are considered an advantage: experience in maritime domain, simulation competence and language skills in Swedish or Finnish.
Salary according to collective agreement of the private educational field (laboratory engineer) and internal directives. The position includes a probationary period of six months.
Location: Turku, Finland
For further information, please contact Vice Dean Micael Vuorio e-mail email@example.com, mobile +358 44 762 3413 or Research Manager Mirva Salokorpi, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile +358 44 762 3532.
Applications: Submit your application, CV and a link to your short presentation video by 4 pm Friday 29th May to our electronic recruitment system.