Webinair: is natural fibers a sustainable alternative for Finnish agriculture?
Project Lantbruk 2.0 - Agriculture 2.0 at Novia UAS is organizing a seminar on 27 October about cultivation of fiber crops, and possible markets for plant-based fibers. Novia students can attend the seminar at Campus Raseborg. Others are warmly welcome to join online. The seminar is open to anyone interested.
9.30 - 12.00
- Introduction, cultivation of fiber crops, Ulrika Dahlberg & Lars Fridefors, Novia UAS
- Greenhouse gas mitigation potential of paludiculture in Finland, Kristiina Regina, Luke (Natural Resources Institute Finland).
- Seed to fiber: how to cultivate and process flax into fiber, Leena Pesu, Linen Stories
- Cultivation of fiber hemp, Aapo Korkeaoja, Hemp farmer
- Chemical composition and properties of natural fibers, Otto Långvik, Novia UAS
12-13 LUNCH BREAK
13.00 - 14.30
- Natural fibers in construction, Kati Juola-Alanen, Arkkitehtitoimisto KJ-A Oy.
- Natural fibers in textiles, Katri Pylkkänen, Finnish Textile & Fashion
- Panel discussion: Towards sustainable future concepts for plant fibers.
Sign up at the latest 25.10.2021 at 4 pm. The link for joining online will be sent to you the day before the seminar.
Project Lantbruk 2.0 is funded by the Swedish Cultural Foundation in Finland.