The game event QvarkCon will be held in Jakobstad in April
QvarkCon will be arranged on the 7-8 th of April for the third time at Campus Allegro in Jakobstad. During the event you can visit unique game rooms, try interactive games, and participate in interesting lectures and workshops.
On Thursday the game music concert “Game Music Evolution” will be held in the Schauman Hall. Students from The Degree Programme in Music at Novia will, under the direction of Eero Paalanen, perform classical and modern game music.
The games and the concert are suitable for game enthusiasts of all ages (younger ones in the company of an adult). The workshops and lectures are suitable for anyone interested in game development. These are all in English.
The entry is free! Read more on the event’s Facebook page.
QvarkCon is arranged by Qvarken Game Lab and is a joint project between Novia University of Applied Sciences, Centria, Åbo Akademi / Experience Lab, Skellefteå Sciece City and Kramfors Municipality.
- 13:00-14:30 Workshop: Playtesting. How to set up play tests for your game (Joachim Majors, Spetsfabriken)
- 15:30-16:30 Workshop: Real game(r)s. Diversity and inclusion in the gaming community (Matilda Ståhl, Spetsfabriken)
- 16:30-17:00 Lecture: Human Centered Design & Game Development (Joachim Majors, Spetsfabriken)
- 16:00-19:00 Interactive Games: Try physical games based on video games made by students at Campus Allegro
- 19:00-20:00 Game Music Concert In Schauman Hall
- 16:00-20:00 Interactive Games: Try physical games at Campus Alllegro
For more information, please contact:
Photo by Jacob Åberg, QvarkCon 2019