About Novia UAS
About Novia UAS in short
Novia UAS is a modern multi-professional high class University of Applied Sciences (UAS) in Finland. At our campuses in Vaasa, Turku, Raasepori and Pietarsaari (Finland), our 4 500 students and 300 staff work across disciplines to advance culture and knowledge. We offer high quality practice-oriented higher education at both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels as well as further education in Swedish and English within:
Education of the highest quality
Novia University of Applied Sciences is the largest Swedish-speaking UAS in Finland with over 4 500 students and a staff og about 300 persons. With traditions dating back to 1813, Novia University of Applied Sciences offers multidisciplinary higher education with a practical orientation. Novia UAS is training students to become experts and developers based on the requirements of working life. High quality degree programs provide students with a proper platform for their future careers.
You can obtain a degree from Novia UAS in many ways. You can study for an entire Bachelor or Master degree programme in English, you can get a double degree or you can develop yourself or your organisation by using our commissioned education in Finland or abroad.
Novia UAS offers Bachelor's och Master´s degree studies in English, Continuing Education, Open Studies at Novia UAS are available to everyone, irrespective of age or educational background.
Internationalisation at Novia UAS
Novia UAS is an important developer of working life and industry near-by the campuses. In our strategic focus areas we are among the top of the nation and internationally recognised. Our goal is to build a strong network of partner institutions in order to promote mobility and create opportunities for other forms of international co-operation.
Bachelor's and Master's Degree Programmes in English
- Bachelor of Maritime Management, Maritime Management, Captain, Turku, 270 ECTS
- Bachelor of Engineering, Maritime Technology, Turku, 270 ECTS
- Bachelor of Engineering, Energy Technology, Vaasa, 240 ECTS
- Bachelor of Natural Resources, Sustainable Coastal Management, Raasepori 120+120 ECTS
- Bachelor of Culture and Arts, Fine Arts, Pietarsaari, 240 ECTS
- Master of Business Administration, Digital Business and Management, Vaasa, 90 ECTS
- Master of Culture and Arts, Music, Pietarsaari, 60 ECTS
- Master of Health Care/Master of Social Services, Health Care and Social Services, Online studies, 90 ECTS
- Master of Business Administration, Service Design, Turku, 90 ECTS
- Master of Engineering, Automation Technology, Vaasa, 60 ECTS
- Master of Engineering, Industrial Management and Engineering, Vaasa, 60 ECTS
- Master of Engineering, Structural Engingeering, Raasepori, 60 ECTS
- Master of Engineering/Master of Maritime Management, Maritime Management, Turku, 60 ECTS
- Master of Engineering, Autonomous Maritime Operations, Turku, 60 ECTS
Double Degree Programmes
In our Double Degree programmes the student is studying for two education degrees in parallel at different institutions. Both participating degree programmes have their own curriculum and the student is awarded a degree certificate from each institution upon graduation. A double degree is completed in the same time frame as a single degree.
- DP in Business Administration Hochschule Landshut, Germany DP in Business Administration
- Universitat de Lleida, Spain
- DP in Music Conservatorio G.P. Da Palestrina, Italy
- DP in Mechanical and Production Engineering
- DP in Electrical Engineering and Automation Universitat de Lleida, Spain
- DP in Electrical Engineering and Automation Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Amberg-Weiden, Germany
Novia University of Applied Sciences was formed on August 1, 2008, by the merging of the Sydväst Polytechnic and the Swedish Polytechnic, Finland.
Novia UAS offers multidisciplinary higher education with a practical orientation, training professionals for expert and development posts based on the requirements of working life and its development, on scientific research and artistic principles.
Our geographical focus areas are the Nordic Countries, the Baltic Sea Region, Europe, and China. Novia UAS has a national responsibility within higher education offered in Swedish in Finland and thus a special mission is to respond to the special workforce demands and challenges in the Swedish-speaking and bilingual coastal areas of Finland. Being a Swedish-speaking UAS, Novia has an established position when it comes to cooperation within the Nordic countries. Novia is active in the Erasmus programme and strives to build up a strong network of strategically important partner institutions throughout Europe. Novia has established long-term relationships with HEIs in China: in the Fujian Province and in Shanghai.
Novia aims at long-term cooperation with HEIs, enterprises and education and research institutions. Novia UAS will form strategic partnerships and participate in international projects that enhance the quality of education, especially within our special skills:
- Arts, Culture and Entrepreneurship
- Automation and Maritime Simulation
- Bioeconomics and Sustainable use of Natural Resources
- Interprofessional Health and Welfare
- Sustainable Energy Technology
Projects including mobility that are initiated around a theme or subject area at degree programme level are carried out by academic staff with administrative support from the International Relations Office. Short term international projects, such as intensive courses with HEIs, are seen as an important instrument for Internationalization at Home, and students and staff are encouraged to participate.
International research projects are carried out and administered by RDI. Our aim is to offer a qualitative higher education adapted to the globalized working life and further education tailored to customer needs. We aim to have a strong regional connection based on continuous interactive cooperation with strategically important partners.
Practical training is a compulsory part of the studies at Novia. Students may opt to do their internship or write their final thesis in a regional, national or international enterprise or organization, which often leads to employment after graduation. Our close co-operation with working life is permanently present in our daily activities and in attuning curricula to labour market demands.
Novia strives to foster entrepreneurial skills and attitudes and offer courses in entrepeneurship. Partnership with enterprises like Ramboll enables us to develop new learning opportunities. The agreement enables students to do their internship in one of Ramboll’s regional, national or global unit or write their final thesis for the company. This cooperation is beneficial for students and staff alike and strengthens the future vision of the unique cross-scientific strength and potential we have when it comes to co-operation with working life on both a regional and a global level.
Novia is a share-holder of the Giga Mare Inc. offering education within the maritime cluster in the Philippines. The ownership is seen as a strategic means to promote internationalization and strengthen our position in Asia.