3 positions (full time) as Senior Researcher, Raseborg
Novia University of Applied Sciences acts along the Swedish-speaking parts of the Finnish coastline. With over 4000 students and a staff of about 300, Novia is the largest Swedish-speaking university of applied sciences in Finland. High-class and state-of-the-art degree programs provide students with a proper platform for their future careers.
3 positions (full time) as Senior Researcher (specialforskare)
for the four year period 1.3.2018 – 28.2.2022 or according to agreement,
at Novia University of Applied Sciences in Raseborg
Novia UAS runs a Research Team within the field of bioeconomy and natural resource management where circular economy and the promotion of sustainable production and use of natural resources create the framework of the activities.
High quality research is the base for a sustainable bioeconomy and therefore the goal of our new Research Team.
We invite applicants with
- a doctoral degree
- experience of research work
- a wide scientific production
- experience of tuition and supervision
- good knowledge of Swedish and English
Preferred areas of research are
- Forest resources and forest planning
- Agroecology focusing on a sustainable production
- Bio-based economy
- Wooden structures and building processes
The required main tasks are
- to establish externally funded research groups with a substantial scientific output
- to maintain active international and national networks
- tuition and supervision at bachelor, master and doctoral levels
- to cooperate with other research and development personnel at Novia UAS
Successful candidates currently perform high-class research, take an active interest in cross-disciplinary scientific synergies and applied research work.
We offer a dynamic campus in Raseborg in the southwest of Finland with nearby research facilities in natural settings. This campus has bachelor degree programs in bio economy (agriculture and forestry), sustainable coastal management, construction management and engineering and a master degree program in natural resource management.
You can read more about our projects and research activities in our annual report available at https://www.novia.fi/bioeconomy-research-team/report-of-activities.
The salary is based on the collective agreement for the private teaching sector in Finland and Novia’s internal terms. There is a trial period of four months.
Place of work: Ekenäs, Raseborg, Finland
For further information please contact Dean, Ph.D., docent Eva Sandberg-Kilpi, phone +358 44 44 98251 Eva.Sandberg-Kilpi@novia.fi.
In your application envelope please enclose the following:
- a freely worded application
- a full CV
- a complete list of publications including reprints of the three most relevant ones
- a statement of the present research status and an outlook on how you would develop a strong applied aspect of it (max two pages)
- a track record of research funding during the five last years
Please send your application (free format) with enclosures to Novia UAS, Dean, Ph.D. Eva Sandberg-Kilpi, Raseborgsvägen 9, FI-10600 Ekenäs, Finland. Please mark the envelope “Senior Researcher”.
The written application must be to hand not later than the 16th of February, 2018 at 3 p.m.